TABLE OF CONTENTS FOR WEBSITE DOCUMENTS
CSLSA GENERAL BOARD MEETING
MINUTES of 10/17-18, 2002
Mike Beuerlein, Secretary
Documents are Attachments A through M For this webpage, use
Documents are Attachments A through M
For this webpage, use
Thursday, October 17, 2002
I. Meeting called to order by Mr. McGowan at 9:36 AM.
A. Pledge of Allegiance - Mr. Rohrer
Welcome and Introductions - Mr. McGowan
C. Roll Call of Delegates - Mr. Beuerlein
II. Approval of Minutes – Pendleton Coast Lifesaving Association Meeting (April 18 & 19, 2002)
MOTION: Moved by Mr. Diederich to approve the minutes as submitted.
SECOND: Mr. Mickley
III. Officer’s Reports
IV. Committee Reports
V. Committee Workshops (as directed)
VI. Committee Reports from Workshops
A. Membership Mr. Rohrer VERBAL REPORT
1. Kit distribution has been resolved. The materials requested for the 2003-2004 kits include: lip balm, Burnside key chains, CSLSA pin, towel, plastic coffee mug with CSLSA logo, tonga hats and board shorts.
2. Oceanside and San Luis Obispo have financial issues to resolve with the treasurer.
MOTION: Moved by Mr. Diederich to approve the report as submitted.
SECOND: Mr. Klosterman
DISCUSSION: Mr. Moore asked if there was any committee discussion regarding using the internet for sign-ups. Mr. Rohrer indicated that there was, but only two chapters were represented and he would draft something for the other chapters to consider.
VIII. New Business
A. Vote on date of 2003 CSLSA Regional Games
1. 5 chapters voted for Saturday.
2. 5 chapters voted for Thursday.
3. 1 chapter abstained.
4. Absent a majority vote to change the date, the competition will continue to be held on Saturday.
Meeting adjourned for the day at 4:49 P.M.
Meeting reconvened on Friday, October 18th at 9:14 AM.
VI. Committee Reports from Workshops (continued)
B. Competition Mr. Parks ATTACHMENT O
MOTION: Moved by Mr. Moore to approve the report as submitted.
SECOND: Mr. Lombardi
DISCUSSION: Mr. Moore requested that the August 2nd LACOLA Taplin be added to the competition calendar. He encouraged all chapters to participate. Mr. Sandy thanked the board for considering a change of date for the CSLSA Regional Games.
C. Exchanges Mr. Graham ATTACHMENT P
MOTION: Moved by Mr. Williams to approve the report as submitted.
SECOND: Mr. Bartlett
D. Junior Lifeguards Mrs. Boyer ATTACHMENT Q
MOTION: Moved by Mr. Bartlett to approve the report as submitted.
SECOND: Mr. Mickley
DISCUSSION: Mr. Brewster and Mr. Bauer discussed Junior Lifeguard registration issues.
E. Newsletter Mr. Sandy ATTACHMENT R
MOTION: Moved by Mr. Gray to approve the report under the condition that a written report be submitted to the Secretary for inclusion in the minutes.
SECOND: Mr. Graham
F. Public Education Mr. Williams ATTACHMENT S
MOTION: Moved by Mr. Gould to approve the report as submitted.
SECOND: Mr. John Moore
VII. Old Business
A. Approval of Treasurer's report from Thursday, October 17, 2002. (Refer to ATTACHMENT E)
MOTION: Moved by Mr. Richardson to approve the report as submitted.
SECOND: Mr. Graham
ACTION: MP (Mr. Bowman - NAE)
B. 501.c.3. Status
1. Mr. Moore requested that the Vice-President investigate and report back on CSLSA's 501.c.3 status.
VIII. New Business (continued)
B. Club Tortuga Award (Refer to ATTACHMENT C-1)
MOTION: Moved by Mr. Brewster to have CSLSA make a $250 donation to the Club Tortuga program in honor of Mr. Burnside's fine work.
SECOND: Mr. Bauer
DISCUSSION: Mr. Richardson requested that a letter from the CSLSA President accompany the donation.
C. United Way Campaign
1. Mr. Bauer suggested that members consider designating USLA or CSLSA for United Way donations.
2. Mr. Bauer also requested a web link for the United Way on the USLA and/or CSLSA websites.
D. Spring 2003 CSLSA Meeting
1. Mr. Williams suggested changing the date due to Good Friday and Easter week conflict. Date moved to April 24th and 25th, 2003.
2. Mr. Lombardi suggested that a more central location be chosen for membership kit distribution.
E. Adobe Acrobat (Refer to ATTACHMENT D)
MOTION: Moved by Mr. Bartlett to reimburse the secretary for Adobe Acrobat software.
SECOND: Mr. Gray
DISCUSSION: Mr. Richardson requested that the software be registered to the CSLSA Executive Board.
F. International Lifeguard Work Requests
1. Mr. McGowan will forward a request for information on working as a lifeguard in the United States to Mr. Graham.
2. Mr. Brewster stated that information on this subject can be located on the USLA website.
1. Mr. Gould requested that the CSLSA ask the USLA to allocate $600-$1000 for an auto log-in program to enter USLA statistics.
2. Mr. Moore volunteered to bring the matter up at the USLA Ways and Means Committee.
3. Mr. Brewster suggested that Mr. Gould submit a written proposal.
H. Future Meetings
1. USLA Meeting Dates and Locations
a. Fall - 2002
1) Location: Chicago, Illinois
2) Dates: 11/07/02 - 11/09/02
b. Spring - 2003
1) Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
2) Dates: 5/08/03 – 5/10/03
2. CSLSA Meeting Dates and Locations
a. Spring - 2003
1) Location: US Ocean Safety
2) Dates: 4/24/03 & 4/25/03
b. Fall - 2003 (Election Meeting)
1) Location: Imperial Beach
2) Dates: 10/16/03 & 10/17/03
IX. Privilege of the Chair
A. Mr. McGowan thanked the Del Mar Lifesaving Association for hosting the meeting at such a great site.
MOTION: Moved to adjourn by Mr. Gray.
SECOND: Mr. Williams
ACTION: MPU; Meeting adjourned at 10:23 AM
Michael A. Beuerlein