|BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Hosted by LACo Lakes Chapter
October 13 & 14, 2011
(Acrobat) CLICK HERE
|Thursday, October 13, 2011|
Pomona Valley Mining Company
1777 Gillette Road, Pomona, CA 91768
I. Call to Order by Mr. Beuerlein at 9:12 A.M.
A. Pledge of Allegiance - Mrs. Graham
B. Welcome and Introductions - Mr. Beuerlein
C. Roll Call of Delegates - Mr. Richardson
II. Approval of Minutes — Dockweiler Youth Center, Los Angeles, April 14 & 15, 2011
MOTION: Moved by Mrs. Graham to approve the Minutes as submitted.
SECOND: Mr. Lombardi
MOTION: Mr. Gray to hold the election of officers' right after lunch.
SECOND: Mr. Peabody
DISCUSSION: Would it be better to hold the election after Committee Meetings?
III. Officer’s Reports
A. President Mr. Beuerlein ATTACHMENT 1
B. Vice President Mrs. Graham ATTACHMENT 2
C. Secretary Mr. Richardson ATTACHMENT 3
D. Treasurer Mr. Williams ATTACHMENT 4
E. Past President/Advisor Mr. McGowan VERBAL REPORT
1. Thanks to LA County Lakes for hosting this meeting.
2. Thanks to Seal Beach for hosting the 2011 Regional Championships this past year.
3. Expressed thanks to Bill Richardson for his leadership and guidance over the past years. I know that he will still be around working behind the scenes.
F. 1st Executive Delegate Mrs. Boyer ATTACHMENT 5
G. 2nd Executive Delegate Mr. Moore ATTACHMENT 6
H. 3rd Executive Delegate Mr. Butki ATTACHMENT 7
I. 4th Executive Delegate Mr. Humphreys NO REPORT
IV. Committee Reports
A. Awards & Presentations Mr. Richardson ATTACHMENT 8
B. Bylaws/Policies & Procedures Mr. Moore ATTACHMENT 9
C. Certification Mr. Hidalgo ATTACHMENT 10
D. Competition Mr. Butki ATTACHMENT 7
E. Exchanges Mr. Mitchell ATTACHMENT 11
F. Junior Lifeguards Mrs. Boyer/Mrs. Walton ATTACHMENT 12
G. Legislation Mr. Peabody ATTACHMENT 13
H. Membership Mrs. Graham ATTACHMENT 14
I. Newsletter Mr. Godino ATTACHMENT 15
J. Public Education Mr. Humphreys/Mr. Pierce ATTACHMENT 16
K. Training & Operations Mr. Silvestri ATTACHMENT 17
L. Website Mr. R. Moore ATTACHMENT 18
Sponsor Presentations - 11:50 AM
LUNCH 12:00 - 1:00 PM
Meeting reconvened at 1:00 PM.
V. Election of Officers
A. President Mike Beuerlein - elected by acclamation, no other candidate
B. Vice President Charlotte Graham - elected by acclamation, no other candidate
C. Secretary Bill Humphreys - elected by acclamation, no other candidate
D. Treasurer Rob Williams - elected by acclamation, no other candidate
E. Advisor Rob McGowan - ratified by unanimous vote
F. 1st Executive Delegate Reenie Boyer - elected by acclamation, no other candidate
G. 2nd Executive Delegate Gus Avila - elected by majority vote, with over 51% of the vote
H. 3rd Executive Delegate Jay Butki - elected by majority vote, with over 51% of the vote
I. 4th Executive Delegate Mike Silvestri - elected by majority vote, with over 51% of the vote
A. Mr. Beuerlein announced Pat Francis as the newly inducted member of the "Distinguished Honor Roll".
B. Dan Murray, LA County Junior Lifeguard Coordinator accepted the "Bobby Award" on behalf of Chris Huben, an LA County Junior Lifeguard.
VII. Committee Workshops (as directed) - meetings until approximately 5 PM.
VIII. The meeting was recessed at 5:00 PM. The Executive Board was asked to meet with Mr. Hubbell following recess of the meeting.
|Friday, October 14, 2011
1777 Campers View Road, San Dimas, CA 91773
IX. The Ways & Means Committee met at 8:30 AM, to review and adjust the recommended budget for 2012.
XI. Committee Reports from Workshops
A. Awards & Presentations Mr. Richardson ATTACHMENT 19
B. Bylaws/Policies & Procedures Mr. Moore ATTACHMENT 20
C. Competition Mr. Butki ATTACHMENT 21
D. Junior Lifeguards Mrs. Boyer/Mrs. Walton ATTACHMENT 22
E. Membership Mrs. Graham ATTACHMENT 23
F. Public Education Mr. Humphreys/Mr. Pierce ATTACHMENT 24
G. Training & Operations Mr. Silvestri ATTACHMENT 25
H. Statistics Mr. Peabody VERBAL REPORT
1. Mr. Peabody reported that North Island and Ventura County are not compliant in that they have not submitted their statistics.
I. Ways & Means Mr. Williams ATTACHMENT 26
J. Website Mr. R. Moore VERBAL REPORT
1. There was no formal report, however, Mr. Moore expressed his sincere appreciation to the Board of Directors for the unanimous support in inducting Pat Francis into the "Distinguished Honor Roll". It was a well deserved honor.
XII. Old Business
A. Change of USLA Membership duration dates
SECOND: Mr. Lombardi
XIII. New Business
A. Future Meetings
1. CSLSA Meeting Dates & Locations
2. USLA Meeting Dates & Locations
XIV. Privilege of the Chair
A. Mr. Beuerlein (Comments recorded at opening of the day and recorded here for continuity.)
1. Expressed sincere appreciation to Jim Hughes and his host committee for putting together great meeting venues with incredible views, good facilities, and outstanding food.
2. Thanked the entire Board for all their hard work at this meeting. The number of participants at the committee meetings was great. As an example the number of attendees at Training & Operations was the highest ever, and the Bylaws, Policies & Procedures Committee had their first real committee meeting. A huge amount of work was accomplished.
3. Stated that CSLSA is being asked to expand into new areas to meet the needs of CSLSA chapters and agencies. To meet these needs, Mr. Beuerlein is considering the appointment of a Professional Standards Committee, a Public Relations Committee and a Grant Committee. In addition, Mr. Beuerlein stated that he would like to see the Training Committee assume a higher profile, coordinate training exercises and establish minimum training standards.
4. Said that he is looking forward to working with the Executive Board and its two new additions. The quality of this Board is incredible, with varied talents and a great mix.
5. Thanked Mr. Moore and Mr. Richardson for their outstanding service. The amount and quality of their work and expertise will be missed, although he said he was sure that they would still be around and providing their input.
1. Mr. Godino sought a short discussion on issues regarding the Fair Labor Standards Act, and asked questions regarding shift lengths, paid or non-paid breaks and/or lunch periods, etc. He will contact individuals to follow-up.
Mr. Richardson congratulated the newly elected Executive Board and expressed his belief that they would carry on the tradition of serving CSLSA with distinction and honor. He further expressed his appreciation to the Board of Directors for their faithful provision of direction by their participation in committees every six months.
William J. Richardson