I. Meeting called to order by President Chris Brewster at 9:10 AM.
A. Pledge of Allegiance - Mr. Bauer
B. Welcome and Introductions - Mr. Brewster
Call of Delegates - Mr. Richardson--Tabled
Quorum declared by President. Verification of delegates to follow
review of membership lists with the results shown below.
|LA County Lakes||66||4||2||-||2|
|San Luis Obispo Co||0||0||0||-||0|
II. Approval of Minutes of Laguna Meeting - April 18 & 19, 1996
MOTION: Moved by Mr. Long to approve the minutes as submitted.
SECOND: Mr. Gray
III. Officer’s Reports
A. President Mr. Brewster ATTACHMENT A
B. Vice President Mr. Bauer ATTACHMENT B
C. Secretary Mr. Richardson ATTACHMENT C
1. Brief overview of last six months' activities
2. CSLSA Emergency Services Directory - corrections
D. Treasurer Mr. Weisser ATTACHMENT D
E. Recurrent Rep Mr. Summers ATTACHMENT E
F. Advisor Mr. Moore (absent) ATTACHMENT F
IV. Reports of Committee Chairpersons
A. Certification Mr. Brewster
1. Brief comments about upcoming issues including certification of "responder agencies", i.e. fire and law enforcement responders.
2. Certification of "private services".
3. College accreditation of USLA program for use in colleges.
B. Competition Mr. McGowan ATTACHMENT G
1. Issues for discussion in committee
C. Exchanges Mr. Summers ATTACHMENTS H
D. Heroic Acts Ms. Lata No Report
E. Int'l Lifesaving Mr. Brewster ATTACHMENT I
F. Jr. Lifeguards Mrs. Boyer ATTACHMENT J
G. Legislation Mr. Gruber No Report
H. Membership Mr. Bauer ATTACHMENT K
I. Newsletter Mr. Bartlett ATTACHMENT L
J. Public Education Beuerlein/Humphreys ATTACHMENT M
V. Committee Workshops (as directed)
B. Heroic Acts
C. Jr. Lifeguards
F. Public Education
VI. Committee Reports
A. Competition Mr. McGowan ATTACHMENT N
B. Heroic Acts Mr. Lata ATTACHMENT O
C. Jr. Lifeguards Mrs. Boyer ATTACHMENT P
D. Membership Mr. Bauer ATTACHMENT Q
E. Exchange Mr. Summers No Report
F. Public Education Mr. Beuerlein ATTACHMENT R
G. Newsletter Mr. Bartlett ATTACHMENT S
VII. Old Business
A. Approval of Treasurer's Report
MOTION: Moved by Mr. Drake to accept the Treasurer's Report as submitted.
SECOND: Mr. Cushman
VIII. New Business
A. Fall USLA meeting
1. Location: Reno, Nevada
2. Dates: November 7-9, 1997
3. Suggested agenda items
B. CSLSA Meeting Dates & Locations
1. Spring 1997
2. Fall 1997 Recommendations
C. Other Business
1. Mr. Summers requested the Hepatitis forms be returned to him.
2. Reminded everyone to review the EMS Directory before departure.
Mr. Long asked the board to join with the State in recognizing Carl Drake for his twenty plus years with the State.
Said presentation to be made at the USLA meeting in Reno if Carl can be present.
MOTION: Moved by Mr. McGowan to adjourn.
SECOND: Mr. Bartlett